SCMTA is a local chapter of Washington State Music Teachers Association (WSMTA) and affiliated with Music Teachers National Association (MTNA). We are one of the oldest and most active chapters in the state; teachers and their students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of music-related festivals, competitions, educational experiences and social events throughout the year.
To provide education, training, and association for independent music teachers in Snohomish County, and to promote music education for students in Snohomish County and the greater Seattle community.
- To offer membership to independent music teachers.
- To feature speakers at our monthly meetings for the educational enrichment of our teachers.
- To provide grants to our teachers for continuing their music education.
- To establish and support opportunities for performance and for unique music education programs for youth, which will help them develop necessary life skills and lead to good citizenship.
The Snohomish County Music Teachers Association (SCMTA) is a subchapter of both Music Teachers National Association and the Washington State Music Teachers Association. As such, it also supports and contributes to their programs, which include:
- State and National certification of members
- Professional fraternity among music teachers
- The maintenance of high ethical standards
- Mutual improvement in teaching by the interchange of ideas
- The furtherance of music culture to benefit our communities
President: Kathryn Kibbe
1st VP/President Elect: Vacant
2nd VP/Membership Chair: Vacant
Past President: Rose Freeman
Secretary: Laura Hendrickson
General Treasurer: Colleen Jennings
Self-Supporting Projects Treasurer: Bonnie MacPhail
Member At Large: Maria Sier
SCMTA Past Presidents
Anna R. Johnson
Flavia Van Dyke
Maria Foote Sier